Half Locust Posture/ Pose, Ardha Shalabha or Salabha Asana, Ardh Shalabh or Adha Salabh Asan
This asana has a very little difference from Salabhasana, because in this asana only legs will be lifted upwards.
How to reach the stretch
- Lie down on your stomach in Advasana.
- Put your chin on the ground and the rest part of the face should remain lifted upwards.
- Now lift your both legs upwards. Your arms should rest on the both sides of your torso.
- Remain in the pose for some time and relax.
How to release the stretch
- It strengthens the muscles of the spine, buttocks, and backs of the arms and legs.
- It stretches the shoulders, chest, belly, and thighs.
- It improves posture.
- It stimulates abdominal organs.
- People with neck injuries should keep their head in a neutral position by looking down at the floor; they might also support the forehead on a thickly folded blanket.
- Who have the problem of headache or serious back injury should not do this asana.