The name of this Pranayama originates from Sanskrit word Bhramar that means bumblebee. While performing this Pranayama a buzzing sound, typical of bumblebee is produced from the nostrils.
How to do
- Sit in any easy posture
- Bring both hands to face so that first finger stays just above eyebrow, middle finger in the corner of nose & eybrow and thumbs to close the ear as shown in picture
- Do not strain the nose or eyes
- Inhale through both nostrils, taking a slow deep breath in.
- Exhale through both nostrils using the throat to make a soft “mmmmmm” or “eeeeeee” sound, like the buzzing of a bee. Do 5-10 rounds.
- Making the buzzing bee noise louder as you progress, but do not strain.
- The mood feels elevated, with increased flow of knowledge and the asceticism begins to appear.
- By success in this Bhramari Kumbhaka the Yogic student gets success in Samadhi.