Jallandhara-Bandha, Jullundur Bandh, Chin Lock
It is difficult to explain why this bandh is known as Jalandhar Bandh. However, one may guess that Rishi Jalandhar might have defined the act of this bandh for the first time, and the same was named after him. (In Yoga, sometimes the actions are known by the name of the Rishis, such as Matsyendrasan, Gorakshasan etc.)
How to do
- The neck is to be bent a little for achieving this bandh.
- But it should not be bent much.
- It is to be pressed onto the depression just as a spring is pressed with a little force.
- The release of the force brings the spring back into normal position.
- Due to the particular action of the neck required to achieve this bandh, it is pressed forward and the spinal cord gets a little bit lifted upwards. The force of this action is felt on the spinal cord.
- Spinal cord has the utmost importance in the control of the body.
- With this force, the circulation of blood increases thereby increasing the efficiency of the spinal cord.