Swinging Posture, Pendant Pose, Lol Asan, Lola Asana, Uthitapadmasana, Uthitta/ Uthita-Padma Asana, Uthit padm Asan
Lolasana (Pendant Pose) is a beginning arm balance that presents an experience requiring courage: the courage necessary to literally pull yourself up off the floor.
How to reach the stretch
- Start from Padmasana and bring the hands to the floor on the outside of the thighs.
- Inhale and press down into the palms as you engage the abdomen and lift the legs and buttocks off the floor.
- Take several breaths and release.
How to release the stretch
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and the arms.
- Lolasana builds awareness in the core of the body. It helps to build abdominal and arm strength while encouraging usage of uddiyan bandh.