Seated Mountain Pose, Seated Hill Posture, Parvata Asana, Parvat Asan
In this the body is stretched to look like a mountain peak and so it is called the Parvatasana (parvat means mountain in Sanskrit).
How to reach the stretch
- Start from Padmasana , take both the hands forward and lock the fingers of both the hands together.
- Take the hands over the head and turn the palms downside up facing the roof. Stretch the body upwards with the arms stretched towards the sky.
- Stabilize the position and continue normal breathing.
How to release the stretch
- Relax the body and bring the hands as in position 1 in figure above.
- Take the position as in Padmasana.
- Straighten the left leg in the knee then straighten right leg.
- Get both the legs together, take the sitting posture.
- This makes spine flexible.
- Visceroptosis and pain in backbone is removed.
- It is beneficial in constipation and removes seminal weakness.