Supine Child with Spinal Rocking posture, Sleeping Child Posture, Sleep Baby Pose, Foetus Pose, Supt Bal Asan, Supta Bala Asana, Nidra Garbhasana, Neend Gharbha Asana, Sota Gharabh Asan
This asana is a spinal rocking child pose. Because it looks like a child spinal rocking pose, that is why, it is called sputa-garbhasana.
How to reach the stretch
- Sit in Padmasana and lie down on your back.
- Like kukkutasanatake out the hands from in between the thighs and calf muscles.
- Tie the hands at the back.
- This can also be done by holding the neck or ears with the hands.
How to release the stretch
- Stretches the lower back and hips.
- This is a good yoga position to relax in during fatigue.