Tiryaka-Paschimotanasana, Cross Back-stretching Posture, Alternate/ Crossed seated forward bend pose, Tiriyak Pashchim Uttan Asan, Tiriyaka Pashchima Uttana Asana, Paschimottana, Paschimotana, Pashchimottanasana
This asana is a type of forward bend with crossed hands. In this asana left hand touches the right foot and vice-versa.
How to reach the stretch
- Start with sitting in Dandasana .
- Bend forward and touch your left foot with right hand.
- Remain in the position for some time and then do it again with right foot touching by left hand.
How to release the stretch
- It stretches the muscles of back and legs.
- It also makes the back area flexible.