Vaman Dhoti, Kunjal Kriya, Ragurgitative Cleansing, The Practice Of Vomiting Water
It is another easy method among all forms of dhouti. The washing up of the entire track starting from the mouth to the digestive path at the beginning of the small intestines, that is mouth, esophagus.
How to do
- To one liter of lukewarm water, add one tablespoonful of salt.
- Drink all of it, as quickly as possible, until you feel you can’t take any more. It is imperative to drink fast rather than sip the water.
- When your stomach is full, the urge to vomit seems automatic, an almost involuntary gesture.
- Now, lean forward, keep your body as horizontal as possible and insert the middle and index fingers of your right hand as far back into your throat as possible, till the uvula.
- This will induce instantaneous vomiting.
- Keep reticulating your uvula and vomiting until all the water is got out of your stomach.
- Dhautis are particularly beneficial in cases of constipation, gastritis, dyspepsia, indispositions of the stomach and spleen, phlegm and bile disorders.
- Dhautis also increase digestive fire, improve kidney functioning and invigorate the liver by extricating parasites from within the system.
- People suffering from obesity and those of a flabby and phlegmatic constitution will find these kriyas especially beneficial.
- There are certain conditions for which Dhautis must not be practiced. These are: stomach or intestinal ulcers, hernia, heart problems, and high blood pressure.
- Dhautis should not be done daily or made a regular habit. Once every three months should achieve the desired results.