Vrischikasana, Vrichikasana, Scorpion Posture/ Pose, Vrishchika Asana, Vischika or Vrishchik Asan, Pincha-Vrishchikasana
The position of the body in this pose resembles a scorpion when it gets ready to strike its victim by arching its tail above its back & and striking the victim beyond its own head. Before attempting advanced pose you should feel comfortable in holding Headstand pose for several minutes & as well as Handstand pose since both poses are a way to enter Scorpion pose.
How to reach the stretch
- Start with Tadasana , standing pose, and enter Adho-Mukha-Vrikshasana, the hand stand pose, by placing the palms of the hands on the floor shoulder width apart, fully stretching the arms.
- Lift the legs & bend the knees to full arm balance with the exhale, holding the head & neck as high as possible.
- After getting comfortable balancing. exhale & bend the knees lowering the heels toward the lifted crown of the head, keeping the toes pointed, legs & arms parallel to each other.
- Try to breathe as smoothly as possible for as long as you feel comfortable.Tadasana, standing pose, and enter Adho Mukha Vrkasana, the hand stand pose, by placing the palms of the hands on the floor shoulder width apart, fully stretching the arms.
How to release the stretch
- This pose tones the spine, promotes, balance, & brings harmony to mind & body.
- Strengthens the shoulders, abdominals, and back. Improves balance.
- Not advisable for the people who have back injury.
- If you are facing problem in balancing then you can use some support or can take help of your friend.